RESEARCH FINAL REPORT
RESEARCH SUMMARY VIDEO
- REMB Final Report (2018)
- REMB Annual Report (2016)
- REMB Annual Report (2016)--excerpt
- REMB Annual Report (2015)
- REMB Annual Report (2014)
- REMB Annual Report (2013)
Boreal Caribou Researcher's Workshop--Fort St. John--November 29, 2016
- Project Update (Steve Wilson_EcoLogic Research)
- Boreal Caribou Implementation Plan Revision (Megan Watters_FLNRO)
- Understanding the Influence of Disturbance, Moose and Wolves on Boreal Caribou (Matt Mumma_UNBC)
- Lines_Lines_Everywhere a Line (Craig DeMars_UoA-ABMI)
- Caribou and Wolf Response to Oil and Gas Activities__Do Regeneration and Activity Levels Matter (Laura Finnegan_fRI Research)
- Putting Collaborative Caribou Habitat Restoration into Practice at the Range Scale (Paula Bentham_Golder Associates)
- Developing and Monitoring the Efficacy of Functional Linear Feature Restoration (Jonah Keim_Matrix Solutions)
- BC Boreal Caribou Health Program Update (Bryan Macbeth_UofC)
- Natural Recover on Low Impact Seismic Lines in NE BC (Jesse Tigner_Explor and Paula Bentham_Golder Associates)
- Nov 28, 2018 - Monitoring Intensity of Use by a Large Mammal Community: A Study on How to Make Linear Features Less Travelled in Caribou Range. (Jonah Keim).
- Nov 21, 2018 - Evaluating the impact of linear features: do sloppy data matter? (Jesse Tigner, Explor).
- Nov 14, 2018 - Testing functional restoration of linear features within boreal caribou range (Dr. Craig DeMars, Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute).
- Oct 18, 2018 - Cost-effective estimation of vegetation regrowth on anthropogenic features in northeast BC (Cam Brown, Forsite Consultants Ltd).
- Sept 27, 2018 - Enabling Solutions for Boreal Caribou Habitat Restoration: A Framework (Paula Bentham, Golder Associates).
- June 20, 2018 - Boreal Caribou Health Project--Conclusions and Future Direction (Dr. Kristin Bondo, Texas Tech University).
- June 6, 2018 - Predicting the Population-Level Response of Boreal Caribou to Seismic Line Restoration (Dr. Rob Serrouya, Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute).
- May 24, 2017 - The Influence of Climate on the Demography of Woodland Caribou (Dr. Craig DeMars, University of Alberta)
- May 10, 2017 - Implementation Outcomes for Phase 1 of the Parker Range Restoration Program (Brian Coupal, Golder Associates)
- February 15, 2017 - Natural Recovery on Low Impact Seismic Lines in Northeast BC (Jesse Tigner)
- February 1, 2017 - Developing and monitoring the efficacy of functional linear feature restoration (Jonah Keim, Matrix Solutions Inc.)
- January 18, 2017 - Caribou habitat modeling and evaluation of forest disturbance influences across landscape scales in west-central British Columbia (Clayton Apps, Aspen Research)
- December 14, 2016 - Indigenous knowledge study of muskeg and mountain caribou (Susan Leech, The Firelight Group, and Norma Pyle, Blueberry River First Nations)
- November 30, 2016 - Caribou and wolf behaviours in relation to oil and gas development: are all disturbances created equal? (Doug MacNearney, Foothills Research Institute)
- November 2, 2016 - Feasibility of Direct Management Actions for Boreal Caribou Population Recovery (Glenn Sutherland, Wildlife Infometrics)
- September 21, 2016 - Human footprint, habitat, wolves and boreal caribou population growth rates (Rob Serrouya, Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute)
- October 19, 2016 - Update on the Boreal Caribou Health Study (Bryan Macbeth, University of Calgary / BC Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations)
- June 22, 2016 - Preliminary moose resource selection models by sex and their implications for wolf distributions in the boreal (Matt Mumma, University of Northern British Columbia)
- June 9 2016--Caribou Habitat Restoration Monitoring Framework (Paula Bentham, Golder Associates).
- May 4 2016--Tackling the linear feature conundrum for conserving boreal caribou (Craig DeMars, Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute)
- Nov 23, 2015--Industry's Role in Revising Boreal Caribou Management in Northeast British Columbia (Steve Wilson, EcoLogic Research).
- Dec 2, 2015--When does woodland caribou habitat become functional? (Laura Finnegan, Foothills Research Institute)
- Nov 18, 2015--Parker Caribou Range Restoration Planning (Paula Bentham, Golder Associates Ltd.)
- Oct 28, 2015--Science to Policy: Lessons from Boreal Caribou Management in Northeast BC (Steve Wilson, REMB Coordinator)
- Oct 14, 2015--Image Classification for Anthropogenic Features (Shaw/Blyth--Caslys Consulting)
- Sept 30, 2015--REMB Field Activities (Culling)
- June 17, 2015--Boreal Caribou Health Study: Outcomes to-date (Macbeth)
- June 3, 2015--Censusing Wolves to Determine Associations Between Industrial Activity and Caribou Population Growth Rates (Serrouya-ABMI)
- May 20, 2015--Boreal Caribou Habitat Restoration Operational Toolkit (Bentham-Golder Associates)
- May 6, 2015--Identifying Caribou Calving Habitat: A Multi-dimensional Approach (DeMars)
- April 22, 2015--Habitat Use by Boreal Caribou and the Effects of Anthropogenic Features and Fire (Wilson, DeMars)
A Bayesian Approach to Characterizing Habitat Use by, and Impacts of Anthropogenic Features On, Woodland Caribou (Rangifer tarandus caribou) in Northeast British Columbia
Steven F. Wilson and Craig A. Demars